Wings

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Ducky

Wings

Post by Ducky » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:25 pm

I want to make realistic wings... I have the idea of what i want and i have pics..If you have ever seen xena and seen cupids wings... i want to try and make wings like that. I like how there connected to his back. They look like there comming right out of his back i want to do something as close to that as i can get.

Image Image Image[/img]

I want to get as close to that as i can..so if anyone has any ideas and can help me that would be awsome...thank you so much for your time.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:45 pm

I'd been thinking about making some wings like that for some time now. The best way to make the connecting part is by molding silicone (think like caulking). You'd probably have to do it the way Katie Bair did with her Shiva costume - she had to use a mannequin to mold the silicone on, as it's pretty bad for you if it touches your skin while it's wet. You'd want to build up layers and add in the base of the wing and build up around it, then paint it somehow to match your skin tone and fade it into whatever colour the wings were.

Once the shoulder parts were moulded, you'd have to use quite a bit of spirit gum to stick them on, and unless you made the wing base out of styrofoam (a good idea, if reinforced) they'd be really heavy.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!