coloring wigs??

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Linzafur

coloring wigs??

Post by Linzafur » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:13 pm

im not sure if I can do that because like it wont stick. i have to dye my wig that im getting silver for Shino(dot.hack) so if anyone can help me it'd be soooo much appreciated!

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:42 am

What colour wig are you getting? You can't dye a wig lighter than it is originally. You can sharpie them, but that takes a lot of patience and in the case of silver will still come off. You're probably better off getting a white or grey wig and just using it in its natural state, or getting a white wig and Katie Bair's wig dye. Then again, you might want to check in the wig thread.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Linzafur

Post by Linzafur » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:00 pm

oooooh thanks!
its a blond wig but maybe i can spray paint it. would that work??

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:36 pm

NUUUUUUUUU DO NOT USE SPRAY PAINT! It will be all stiff and weird looking, not to mention some pieces will stick out at random while others will be weighed down and it will smell bad, unless you smoosh it around with your hands, and even then it'll look all hand-combed and weird. The paint will probably damage the fibres as well. You'd be better off using coloured hairspray on your own hair.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Linzafur

Post by Linzafur » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:38 pm

ahahaha omg i never thought of that!
im gonna buy the tempo hair color spray from a halloween store and just spray my own hair and anime it out =}.
THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!