Where Can I Buy A Pink Wig?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Kismet137

Where Can I Buy A Pink Wig?

Post by Kismet137 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:03 pm

Where can I get a a really long pink wig from? (Shoulder length or longer.) Please DO NOT suggest places on the ineternet, because I'm not allowed to buy thing off of the internet. Anybody know a store(s) that could have them?

BlackKnightress210

Post by BlackKnightress210 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:36 pm

Well a general state or province would be helpful. I could suggest someplace like a local costume gallery down the street from my house, but unless you live near by it could end up way out of your way.

If you have a costume shop near by, check there. Dying wigs I've heard is hard if it's your first time but if you found a blonde wig the length you'd like you can do that. You're probably more likely to find a blonde coloured wig in a hair salon or store of that nature. I know my friend out west has some wig shop with natural hair colors and she dies them. If you're out in Minnis. check out Wiggys. I think that's the name... Pocky Princess Darcy worked there last I spoke with her. They surely have wigs.

Check around local places, I doubt a Wal-Mart, Target, or place like that would have anything, but you never know.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:47 pm

Beauty supply stores (that sell extensions, etc) would have more natural wigs or wigs you can dye, though they may have a few "costume" wigs in crazy colours. Party supply stores might have something - but keep in mind the quality of wigs you find there will be pretty low.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

ChibiSeishi

Post by ChibiSeishi » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:41 pm

I'd check with the more reputable beauty supply and wigs stores around town... look them up in your yellow pages. Wigs sold anywhere else (i.e. Party City and the ilk) tend to be LOW quality that rat up and get NASTY as soon as you put them on. And that's without trying to style them.

Look for wigs that are kanekalon or toyokalon fiber. It's generally on the little tag at the base of the wig cap. ^_^

Hope that helps. It sucks that you can't order anything online... Amphigory.com is really the best.