I'm really good at costume ideas and construction.

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
LadyKikyo

I'm really good at costume ideas and construction.

Post by LadyKikyo » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:58 pm

I'm really good at cosplay! i make them for my 5 friends and they cosplay them for me. Mainly they do it at the school anime club, but hey its publicity! I do my best to help people with their costumes and what not. if you have a ripped costume that you can't figure out how to fix, or a costume that you don't know how to make, then just ask me on the message board here and I'll give you an idea ASAP! I'll help with ANY costume. just give me a pic of the ripped ones, thanks and byes!

=^.~=

kotoko_52

Sword.....

Post by kotoko_52 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:30 am

I'm going to the next convention cosplaying as Cloud Strife from Kingdom Hearts ^.^ any suggestions/tips/warnings you want to give before I start? I'm new and I've never made a costume before, so I'm feeling around in the dark here. Also, any suggestions on what I could use to make the sword? Here's a decent picture of him:

http://animenext.ds4a.com/wall/mwall10.jpg

(Copy and paste into your address bar, don't click it)
Yeah, there's love if you want it, don't sound like a sonnet.

Firegirl

Post by Firegirl » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:04 am

Can you check my thread and leave a tip or two?

LadyKikyo

to kotoko54

Post by LadyKikyo » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:06 pm

hmmmm..thats gunna b a toughy...
but! i hav ideas^^ ok. with the armour plate on his shoulder, use a blockof stirofoam. before you cut take a measurement of your shoulder and then plan out the cut. start cutting the block until u come down to a semi-spherical shape. take an exacto knife and carefully cut out the inside of it and ta-da! just paint it gray and add some other peices on the top with hot glue! the pants...you may be able to buy them at a regular store and save your self some time. dont get jeans but get a pair of baggy pants that are dark blue(lol no brainer huh?) and buy a plain shirt along with it. i wouldnt suggest making the pants and shirt because they take a little while to put together! with the silver buckled straps...take a long and wide piece of grayish fabric and measure out enough to go around your lower leg. cut two peices per strap tho! next take the strips of cloth and a sewing needle/machine. and sew it inside out. turn the rightside out and take a belt buckle and sew it on one end of the strap. after the buckle is tightly on(u can pull it and it wont fall apart) take a hole punch for cloth(or a pair of scissors) and make about 5 holes on the opposite end of the strap. make sure all wholes are equally spaced, otherwise they'll look really sttrange. with the gloves, take a pair of brown fake leather gloves(u can buy em really cheap at khols or walmart..u know those kinds of places) and cut off each finger accordingly. with the chest straps do the same thing as the buckles on the lower legs only use a brown fabric. for the metal patchby the waist belt, use a piece of card board and some straws and tiny wooden pieces and hot glue them down to the cardboard circle. then take some alluminum foil and press it over the front and back. for the cape, take a VERY long peice of red fabric and measure out the amount of space the neck will need(leave extra space to make the cape neck look baggy)and tei it in a knot the day you will wear it( put it on and tie it in a secure knot in the back.) then at the bottom of the cape literally rip at it to create the effect shown in that picture!for the 2 black belts....use one normal belt and for the second one use a punk belt with either the pyramids or the metal circles. i dont know what to do for the claw like armour on the waist or for the bone hand..sry. and for the sword...take some stirofoam and cut it to the desired lenght and of course make the end slant. when you cut it out and everything take different tones of gray paint and paint it. the top part just paint on the metal design or if you want to take hot glue and glue down a few cut out peices of stirofoam and be sure to paint em first! for the handle take a wooden dowel and some red cloth. cut the cloth into a long strip and wrap it tightly around the dowel. on the tip take a peice of stirofoam, cut it, paint it, and cut a compartment to put the dowel. super glue the piece of foam to the tip of the dowel. then take a white ace bandage, wrap it tightly, and hot glue it to the top of the sword then make a knot and just to make sure it doesnt fall off, hot glue it. for the boots..i guess just buy em..sry i cant think of any other idea lol. ummm..and thats all i can offer! i hope i helped. it should be a challenge but hopefully not to to tough! and be really careful with the measurements and cuts. and when you rip the cape make sure you take a black marker and make a small notch to indicate where you should stop ripping! good luck!

=^.^=
I Just Want Something I Can Never Have.
~I Love Trent Reznor~

Dark_Kitty

Post by Dark_Kitty » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:23 pm

Hey, I need help on making a Tohru Honda costume any tips for making the top?

Here's a good picture of her
"Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion!"
Snape was looking as though the 1st person to ask him for a Love Potion would be force-fed poison.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:48 pm

Silly thing, everyone knows that Tripod doesn't allow direct linking!
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

LadyKikyo

Post by LadyKikyo » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:56 am

uhhhh..Dark_Kitty...I need a picture=^.^= just AIM me with a link to it, k? my s/n is Kurama54 or ladykagura54 ok? well hopes to talk to you!
I Just Want Something I Can Never Have.
~I Love Trent Reznor~

hwnathan

Link costume plans

Post by hwnathan » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:39 am

I need plans/know how for a Link costume from Legend of Zelda . . . but I don't even know where to begin. Can you help?

inusarekawaii

Re: Sword.....

Post by inusarekawaii » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:45 pm

kotoko_52 wrote:I'm going to the next convention cosplaying as Cloud Strife from Kingdom Hearts
Hey! I've got a Kingdom Hearts question, too. How would you make the keyblade "three wishes", I'm making that for a Princess Jasmine costume. I'll try to find a picture for you, but if anyone here knows what it looks like, or could find a picture, then please give me ideas. Thank you!

inuyasha_the_hanyo

cant you help me

Post by inuyasha_the_hanyo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:37 am

hi cant you try to buy me inuyasha and miroku costume so write me in my email is inuyasha_hanyo_kai@hotmail.com

~*!*~YuNa~*!*~

Post by ~*!*~YuNa~*!*~ » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:34 am

Hi i need a little bit of help with Yuna's summoner's costume. Like what to use for the materials and how to make the patterns. The boots, i hate doing shoes lol. and the staff, maybe me uncle will make me one>< well if u have ideas please let me know
~*!*~ Would you notice if I had gone? Would you even care? Good-bye to those who are listenin and to those who care i bid adieu~*!*~

MechakuchaNaRyuu

Kimono wearing.

Post by MechakuchaNaRyuu » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:09 pm

Hmmm, I basically have no idea if the kimono I have is a good fit, it's hard to turn and do simple tricks, Ie. rolling and such. I was wondering if you could tell me a way to tell, or if you know of a good pattern source to make your own.
You see a flash, but feel only my blade.

Mei Long

Post by Mei Long » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:55 am

well, ehehe, i'm not to sure if you will be able to help me, but okay.
i will be cosplaying Cho Hakkai from Saiyuki Reload and i have found that i am stuck on the simplest of things!
I cannot seem to find his ear clips (youkai limiters) anywhere, also i'm rather a perfectionist and would like to find some shoes as close to his as possible... here's a link for a pic below. (hope it works)

http://nagareboshi.free.fr/reload/SaiyuukiRELOAD.html

just scroll down a bit until you find Cho Hakkai. he's the one with the brown hair and monocle.

and since the above doesn't really display his ear clips well, then here's another that does... at least a little bit.

http://www.yareyare.net/gallery/Saiyuki ... s/SR20_217

I greatly appreciate any help you can provide. :-)
everyday i wake up, look in the mirror, and wish i hadn't woken up at all... but then i really wake up and find it was a dream... then i go back to sleep because it's 3 in the morning and i have finals tomorrow. love my life.

bamse

tifa

Post by bamse » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:21 am

can you can give me some tips to how i can make tifa lockhart fra final fantasy VII advent children

http://www.squarehybrid.com/images/news/ff7ac-scan5.jpg

send a mail to bamse211@hotmail.com
anime rocks

Aly-cat

Post by Aly-cat » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:24 pm

Heyyyy ^___^;
Any idea on how I can make elf ears?

They look like this.