Working with wonderflex

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
lolita_otaku

Working with wonderflex

Post by lolita_otaku » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:21 pm

I wanted to make a chest plate, a very figure fitting one, and was thinking about using wonderflex cast over a positive mold.
Has anyone ever used this stuff before?

Before i buy it i wanted to know it it would work for what im trying to make, there are a lot of fine details in it that are depressions rather than rased patterns will the wonderflex be able to show that?
just wanted some feed back,
Thanks ^__^

Skull Rabbit

Post by Skull Rabbit » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:12 pm

Mmmm I think on cosplay.com there is a big thread about wonderflex that could help you out. Just search for it I guess. I don't really check there often so I don't know if it is still active~

I was going to use this before but then I figured it cost to much ahah and I won't bother.~

BlackKnightress210

Post by BlackKnightress210 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:15 am

cosplaysuplies.com

there is an entire link to info on wonderflex. it also has prices and you can buy right from them all in one swoop.

I have yet to use it, however I plan on it soon, and from all that I've read, you can make the chest plate. But, but... Wonderflex has grooves and such in it that need to be smoothed out and/or painted over. Raised decorations may be best to be on the safe side, but you should read over the Wonderflex info anyhow. *nods* They have photos and all other kinds of cool info there on Wonderflex and have made many a chest plate, sword, staff, sheild ect. ect...

Blue Eternity

Post by Blue Eternity » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:14 am

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/wonderfl ... exFAQ.html

There ya go. =D I've never used it... just found this thing. I hope it helps! ^_^