Blue Hair

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
tiny_princess

Blue Hair

Post by tiny_princess » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:12 pm

I need to know of some good blue hair dye well more like teal i want to cosplay as subaru from hack sign and i need some good hair dye but from like a drug store and it has to wash out
hehehe
this sounds impossible but if anyone out there has any suggestions plz let me know
i'll give you an honourary invisible web medal of honour ehhehe
thx

Skull Rabbit

Post by Skull Rabbit » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:31 pm

I don't really know if hair dyes come in certain colors like that, but who knows?! haha. If you have enough spare money I think buying a wig would be best. Maybe manic panic will have colors like subaru's... I am not too sure :)

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:50 pm

Amphigory would have the kind of colour you're looking for, but it would not be a simple wash-out dye. It's demi-permanent, which means it will stay in for several weeks minimum.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Elf

Post by Elf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:20 am

Color Jamz is also very good, and it comes in a teal color... if you bleach your hair first, your hair will come out pretty good. and usually there is enough in the bottle for a second application for touch ups. ^ ^ hope that helps. you can get Color Jamz at Sallys.... and i just read that you said it needs to wash out... ^ ^' ah well, if you decide to go demi-permanent, Color Jamz is good.

Death of a Day

Post by Death of a Day » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:03 pm

They have wash out dyes at Sallys too, both natural and non. Hot Topic has dyes in bold colors and I think some might wash out. I recommend trying Hottopic.com.
Tommorow brings hope
Visions of life
Dreams are plagued with fright
Nothing more than nightmares
A simple remedy awaits
Wake up and make it tommorow

Anatra

Post by Anatra » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:54 am

It isn't as good as a dye, but the cheap spray-on colors you buy at drug stores around halloween or in the 'novelty' or costume stores during the rest of the year will get you an amazing color (even if you don't bleach before hand) and it will wash out almost completely with one shampoo. I sprayed my hair red for a Mary Jane costume when my BF dressed up as Spidey and it looked really quite amazing. Your hair doesn't shine much with it in, and you have to spray it after you've styled it because you will get crap on you if you touch it too much.
Cosplay a character you've never seen before...it makes you more special and everyone wants your photo.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:22 am

The spray is an option but I don't readily go to it for anything because it's a dull impression of the color on your hair. Let's just say that if you wanted white, depending on your hair color, it would only turn out gray and even then, it would begin to flake off and become crusty.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1