Fabric or something... question loooook ;)

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Skull Rabbit

Fabric or something... question loooook ;)

Post by Skull Rabbit » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:39 pm

I have to make these little rabbit mascots for my costume!! But, I am just going to hot glu them on, but I am also drawing/coloring them myself, so I need to ask you guys..~~

Is there some kind of fabric or something, something that does not fray when I cut a shape, that is flat and smooth, easy to draw on. Or some kind of foam? Or should I just use like, poster board paper or something and glue it on~? :P

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:51 pm

You should just use thin craft foam. It's this kind of stuff; you can find it at almost any craft store, and even some fabric stores (like Joanns). It comes in most colours.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Skull Rabbit

Post by Skull Rabbit » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:37 pm

I'll check out wal-mart :) I have never seen whatever joanns is before. Does that kind of craft foam thin and easy to bend a little?

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:31 pm

Yeah, it's what they make all the little foam shapes out of, if you've seen them. Which you probably have if you've ever experienced the phenomena of "room mothers" whilst you were in elementary school.

And Joann's is a fabric store. Wal-mart might have the foam, but most craft stores should.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!