Wig help!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Phanari

Wig help!

Post by Phanari » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:39 pm

Where's a good place to find a wig long enough for Chii?
~Ari
God blesses us all in this world in many different ways!

Skull Rabbit

Post by Skull Rabbit » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:39 pm

eBay sometimes carry things :D Maybe order from Cosplay.com or if you really willing to spend money and don't need it for a while, katiebair.com could even style it~ Those are about the only places I would know of. Depending where you live, look for wig/costume shops too.

Phanari

Post by Phanari » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:44 pm

I've been to all those sites. Tir prices never really like me. ::needs a job:: If I don't get a book published soon, I might have to start lining up for government cheese. Tee hee. But seriously, I like buying cheap $12 wigs and doing all the styling myself. If you know a place with a good selection, please help. High desert only sells wigs around Halloween.
~Ari
God blesses us all in this world in many different ways!

Anatra

Post by Anatra » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:51 am

Best place to go for wigs is www.cosplaysupplies.com It's in canadian prices, so it's EXTRA cheap for all you americans. Not to mention, their shipping is extremely fast and they've got a wonderful selection.
Cosplay a character you've never seen before...it makes you more special and everyone wants your photo.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:23 am

O.o, nice searching for a wig at that price that's of excellent quality.

I know that you can buy an excellent wig for $40 at Amphigory and then add in extensions.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

Miss D

Post by Miss D » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:39 pm

Cheap wigs tend to be kinda fizzy and tinsel like, not to mention too short as a rule. The only good way of getting a floor length wig is to make or commission one. I have yet to see a wig of good quality from whole sale that was longer than 48" from front to tip.

I would say if you are looking for a less expensive alternative, go for the shorter (48") higer quality one. If for no other reason, cheap wigs tangle more easily, so poor quality and long length would make for an awful mess, it would save tears if nothing else!
Want the best cosplay at your convention?
www.customcosplay.com