Hewp...><

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
lain.

Hewp...><

Post by lain. » Tue May 10, 2005 2:27 pm

I have decided that I want to cosplay as Arashi from Paradise Kiss at Oni-Con...(so what if its in October...A GIRL CAN GET EXCITED DAMNIT!)

Anyways, I realise now that this is going to be a little bit difficult, I dont have quite so many peircings (and i think the safety-pinned lip is essential!), I'm not sure where I can buy the outfit (I'm thinking about just making it...it would probably a little bit cheaper) Or even, where to get patterns for the outfit.

On top of that, I'm not really sure if I can pull it off without bleaching my hair (its brown....) or purchasing a really crappy wig...><

I guess what I'm saying is that I dont know what to do....
life is for living, not explaining.

Juci

Re: Hewp...><

Post by Juci » Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 pm

lain. wrote:I have decided that I want to cosplay as Arashi from Paradise Kiss at Oni-Con...(so what if its in October...A GIRL CAN GET EXCITED DAMNIT!)

Anyways, I realise now that this is going to be a little bit difficult, I dont have quite so many peircings (and i think the safety-pinned lip is essential!), I'm not sure where I can buy the outfit (I'm thinking about just making it...it would probably a little bit cheaper) Or even, where to get patterns for the outfit.

On top of that, I'm not really sure if I can pull it off without bleaching my hair (its brown....) or purchasing a really crappy wig...><

I guess what I'm saying is that I dont know what to do....

You can get clip-ons rather than real peircings.
The pants you can find it at theif stores or ebay for cheap.
Ebay (as well as other online stores) also sells big boots like that at affordable prices. I got my high heel thigh boots for $70 (this also includes shipping and handling) normally they cost about $120 to $200 at regular stores or sometimes not even seen at all around my area.

It depends... if you want to keep your hair the way it is get a wig. Sometimes cheap isn't always crapy. Again try out eBay. I got a wig there for $12 and it's really long and cool. Not at all crapy.

If going to bleach, I recommend let a pro do it for you. I normally bleach my own hair. I use Herbal Essences bleaching kit. The one with the woman on the box is for really intense blonde (I dyed my hair white with that) and the one with the man is more yellowish than white. One box is $10 but from time to time Clariol gives out specials. I used Loreal Feria bleaching kit and my hair started to fall. Thankfully my hair is stubborned so it all grew back, since switching to clariol my hair is stronger and much more healthier than before. Now not everyones hair is the same, mind you. What works for me may or may not work for you too. Thats why I recommended the pro to do the coloring for you. It might cost more but at least you wouldn't go sheding like a cat.
"I love you, May I glomp you."