Help!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Ikuo

Help!

Post by Ikuo » Mon May 02, 2005 4:46 pm

Any ideas on how to make Ryu's (Street Fighter) handguards? I am (hopefully!) going to Otakon this year and will probably cosplay as him-Any suggestions?
Also- Any beginner cosplay outfists i might consider making?

Juci

Re: Help!

Post by Juci » Fri May 13, 2005 12:18 am

Ikuo wrote:Any ideas on how to make Ryu's (Street Fighter) handguards? I am (hopefully!) going to Otakon this year and will probably cosplay as him-Any suggestions?
Also- Any beginner cosplay outfists i might consider making?

You can find cheap red gloves anywhere these days and just cut off the fingers.

As for Ryu costume. You can try to find a white Gi at ebay. They have some nice ones for good price. Now as for the black belt, you can buy the real deal at ebay, but I'll kick your butt for it, since thats disrespect and hishonest. Many of us work hard to optain such a thing like getting a black belt. In other words my of us earn it. It's also bad to put the knot of the any karate belt in the middle of your waist, it means you can challenge others who have black belts into a dual (I learn that the hard way) and you might not be skilled enough to fight one. Besides so much cheaper to make a wannabe black belt out of cheap black material. :D The same goes for Ryus' headband.

Overall you pick a very simple and cheap character to work with. Good job. I have seen first timers who pick the most difficult costume to make , because of that they spend a lot more tim and money than they have anticipated before.
"I love you, May I glomp you."

Ikuo

Post by Ikuo » Wed May 18, 2005 2:19 pm

I am already a BB in TaeKwonDo so the belt and uniform are the easy part, The only hard part is fluffin up the gloves.

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Wed May 18, 2005 2:38 pm

aaah,I"m a black belt in tae kwon do too!*hugs ikou*

Juci

Post by Juci » Wed May 18, 2005 7:02 pm

Ikuo wrote:I am already a BB in TaeKwonDo so the belt and uniform are the easy part, The only hard part is fluffin up the gloves.

Oh good, thats good to hear. There sould be gloves that are padded already.
"I love you, May I glomp you."