Prop Designer Needed

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
jrpzeta

Prop Designer Needed

Post by jrpzeta » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi!!!!!

My name is Jessica and I wanted to be a hybrid robot woman for Halloween. I'm looking to hire someone to create a bionic arm as part of my cosplay costume!

I want to make it look:
- Weathered and gritty
- Bio-mechanical
- More carbon fiber bone/ musculature than Terminator piston arm

I'm considering making a super tight form-fitting sleeve, but I want to avoid the look of a gauntlet or comic book super arm, especially since real prosthetic arms looks like a bit thinner than the actual arm. Of course, I'm very open to suggestions! To be fair, my arm is about the length and width of that of a 9-year old boy, so take that as a reference.

I really want to delve deep into this process since I am a design student myself. We can work together! I'd ideally like someone who is flexible, versed in CAD file design and has some experience with 3D printing. I'm willing to pay a good amount of money for the right person in the Los Angeles area, and I'd like this to be finished by 28 October. I'm very easy to work with!

If you need anything more information or clarification on my end feel free to give me a shout. Thanks for your time - Talk soon!

Jessica