Need Help with a weirdly shaped dress

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
starfish

Need Help with a weirdly shaped dress

Post by starfish » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Hello all,

I'm going to try and do a cosplay from iDOLM@STER, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to pattern part of the outfit.

It's the dress in this video- the skirt portion of the dress/bodice (not the actual skirt, the ruffly part that's attached to the top.
http://youtu.be/268oMu_A5kM

I'm trying to figure out how to shape the ruffles, either with some kind of wire or maybe even horsehair braid? But I've had bad experiences with wire and only have a vague idea of how well horsehair works. My roommate suggested a circle skirt that's longer on the sides and shorter in the front/back, and I feel like that would work as a starting point, but I don't know how to add that extra poof to the hem.

Any ideas would be super helpful! Thanks in advance!

LeonardoDiCaprio

Re: Need Help with a weirdly shaped dress

Post by LeonardoDiCaprio » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Nice sharing ...!

starfish

Post by starfish » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Uh... What?

Emma11

Post by Emma11 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:40 pm

I know for sure that I will be having some trouble with, her sleeves. Whenever I think of sleeves I usually think of Reimu. I know that without the sleeves, Reimu just won't be Reimu..............
We are the pioneers in providing ccna braindumps and SAP exams with 100% exam pass guarantee. Download our latest Columbia University