Looking for help/parts for my Transformers Bunblebee costume

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
techrandy

Looking for help/parts for my Transformers Bunblebee costume

Post by techrandy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:41 am

I have the main part of the bumblebee costume together I Just need a resource on having someone either make it for me or tell me someone who can...
I need the following parts:
Enlarged Head helmet that is better than the ones you can buy at a toy store.
Boots that look like bumblebee's feet or boot attachment that looks like his feet.
arm and hand peices

I have the rest of the costume, but I just don't have the time to make the rest of it.
Also if someone knows someone who has a decent looking bumblebee costume for around $600-$1k
I might just buy that.

aMURica

Re: Looking for help/parts for my Transformers Bunblebee cos

Post by aMURica » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:35 am

I'm assuming this is for the movie version of Bumblebee?

If you're a very beginner, I'd suggest looking up some armor tutorials, and building the costume from there. For the head, you could try building around a motorcycle or skating helmet with layers of foam and styrene sheets. It's very malleable when subjected to heat, so you can warp it slightly with a hair dryer, or drastically with a heat gun.

For boots, most costumes I've seen for him are modified stilts, but if you're not going for stilts, I'd say to get yourself some comfortable ones, and build over them in several layers to make mock-feet that your own feet fit inside of.

If you don't want to go about making it yourself, you could probably commission someone, but unless you know someone who already builds armor, it'll probably run you somewhere between $1.5k and $4k. Alternatively, I'd say ask around and see if anyone who has their own is looking to sell theirs.

juniorboy106

Post by juniorboy106 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 am

Always so interesting to visit your site. I have bookmarked this and will return soon more about it thank you.

Zohaib55

Post by Zohaib55 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Good supportive language are used in this post I like very much the review of this fashionable post and subscribe it so give more details about.Thanks.