Naruto tattoos

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
janmurphy

Naruto tattoos

Post by janmurphy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:52 pm

For anyone who might be doing a Naruto cosplay I have just posted the offical temporary tattoo images on my site. :D www.bakachan.com Its very easy to find temporary tattoo paper for inkjet printers here in Japan, is it the same in the US??

Since they are the official ones, dont go making them just to sell on ebay or you might get in trouble with the company who makes them, and if anyone does Ill have to take them down. So please dont. :evil:
www.janchan.com - Cosplay Resource Site
Now with 100% more GINTAMA!!
Naruto/Bleach/FMA/and more.
Patterns (clothing/plushie), Hidden Village diplomas, book covers, iron-ons,
tattoos, paper animals, character book scans, e-cards, and a lot more.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:03 pm

Can always just draw them on with sharpie pens.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

janmurphy

Post by janmurphy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:48 pm

This is true! Sharpies are ok. I think a lot of ppl use eye liner too, I use diluted body acrylic. But I prefer to make the tattoos, because then the images is the same as the manga and I dont have to worry about screwing up. Its difficult to draw on onesself afterall.

Tia

Post by Tia » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:00 pm

An idea is to take a print out and make a stencil and then tape it onto the person. Then you just take a good cake makeup mixed with liqui-set and paint it on. It would probably dry quickly enough that you could leave the paper on until it dried and then just peel it off. Or take it off when it's still wet and risk smudging.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

janmurphy

Post by janmurphy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:40 pm

Ahh Tia, you are a smart cookie! I didnt even think of that! I could use those images as the stencil too, thats good stuff! I have tattoo pens but I always just did it free hand, (b4 I found the tattoo paper though) Writing kanji on your forehead in a mirror BACKWARDS is not fun. And now the kanji AI always looks weird to me cause I only ever write it backwards. *grin*

Tia

Post by Tia » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:18 pm

Heh. I'm just obsessed with makeup. I did something similar with one of those wizard boxes in high school theatre.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:46 pm

hey, the world needs makeup artists!
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!