weapons help!!!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Sakura Saito

weapons help!!!

Post by Sakura Saito » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:26 pm

hi, i'm making a Sango *from Inuyasha* costume for my best friend, and i need some hints on how to make her weapon, Hiraikotsu *the huge boomerang thing *

heres the best pic i could find- http://www.anteprima.net/manga/%20img2/inu/sango.gif

pic creds go to google...

i'm also wondering what would be the best material to make it out of so that it is stiff enough and not too heavy/difficult to carry. i was thinking styrafoam but i dunno where i could get any...

*bows to prop peoples wisdom*
''you better watch out cause if you kill me Inu Yasha here will have to avenge me!''
''who said i have to avenge you?''

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:44 am

I sent you a step-by-step Tutorial about how I made my Boomarang. If you want also, you can commission me to make this. I loved making mine.

LadyAnimeEyes

Post by LadyAnimeEyes » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:40 pm

Oooh...I'm attempting to do a Sango for a cosplay group my friends and I started. I had the idea to maybe make multiple ones (we're making "home movies") and have the battle-boomerang be made of...erm...something, but I was going to make the one I carried around out of mostly stiff foam pading, like the stuff you'd cover in pink to make the pads for Sango's fighting outfit. At least, that's the idea. Haven't tried it yet... :D
"NEVER sit down with your sword at your SIDE to eat...
Strap it to your back for a faster draw!"

"Just because you *think* there is an enemy hiding behind every bush...it does not follow that you are wrong" :)
-Shin'a'in Proverbs

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:40 pm

Foam padding and the basic starting material of the foam are the same thing. Just the ways you have to cover it are going to be slightly different if you want. Fiberglass sheets are still the best elements to use as the Tutorial stated that I sent Sakura. Fiberglass sheets, with bondo, putty filler, paint and tons of sanding will make the perfect Sango boomarang for ya.

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:53 am

someone i know just did sango's boomer-rang... and it turned out perdy good!
she used alot of paper mache and wood... here is a pic of it
I want to help save the world... if only I could remember how?