Face Mask

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Shinigami-X

Face Mask

Post by Shinigami-X » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:36 pm

Does anyone have an idea on how I can make one that has few sewing lines in it? I've tried a few, but it just doesn't look right with those lines showing. Maybe there's another way to make the type of face mask Kakashi has?

Edit: I know this is a problem many people have, but would anyone know where I can find the sharingan contacts for less than $200? My friend bought his from a website for $50, but he doesn't have the link anymore. =/

Tia

Post by Tia » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:38 pm

Which seam lines is it that are showing? Because if it's the edge seam lines, you can fix that by modifying the pattern a tad bit. Instead of making the two connecting edges on the sides pointy, cut a straight edge into it. Then take the two pieces you're going to use for the mask and sandwich them together good sides facing in on each other. Then just sew where the seams need to be, trim, and fold inside out. You can do a regular seam on the two connecting bits and then attach it to whatever is going to hold the mask onto your face like a bit of elastic or more fabric.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:10 pm

Kakashi from Naruto? looks like tight runner's pants over his face.
What Mask anyway?

Shinigami-X

Post by Shinigami-X » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:22 pm

It's the mask that covers his mouth and nose. I'm probably going to use an elastic material for most of it, but I can't really seem to make the lines right. It's like the one I'm wearing in my avater, but without the seam down the center.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:17 pm

Like I said, Runner's pant/tights.

It's the perfect matirial for it, just cut it out. I recomend you use Navy blue, not black so it hides dirt better.

Runners's pants are elastic tights that runners wear when it's cold out, it let's the skin breath normaly, while it keeps your legs warm. Also they increase wind flow and keep you cool in the summer. Either way, they never weigh you down...
Look at a sports cloathing store in the running department.

Shinigami-X

Post by Shinigami-X » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:05 pm

I guess I could check it out. Thanks for the help.