How can we make ACParadise better for you? Fill out this Survey!
Cosplayer chibi_flora > Costume of Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Tunic: Made from polyester twill and gold ribbon, and is fully lined. The front attaches with velcro, which hides the zipper that actually keeps it together.
Gloves: So in my newer version, I actually made the gloves out of stretchy woven material. (Note to self: Don't do this again)
Leg-cover...thing: Make of the same stretchy woven material as my gloves using a bootcover tutorial--just without the shoe part.
Cuffs: The white cuffs are made from polyester bengaline and are interfaced to keep them stiff-ish. The design on the wrist cuffs are hand-embroidered (because I seem to want to include embroidery in all my costumes)
Bodysuit: I bought a navy turtleneck and leggings in my size, turned them inside out and sewed a couple of straight lines to get that ribbed texture. After a while of wearing it, the underside imprints the ridges on you though, haha.
Cape is some kind of knit and some kind of evening wear fabric I found in a remnants pile. This is literally a rectangle with a ribbon through it. Makes for a nice makeshift blanket sometimes.
Shoes: Bought some cheap shoes and painted them blue. The cuffs are made of fabric and are attached using hot glue.
Armor, Tiara, Mask: Made of some combination of Worbla, craft foam, and hot glue. Painted using acrylic paint.
Belt: Made of upholstery vinyl. I am never making belts out of this stuff again. Gods.
Falchion: Made of balsawood, expanding foam, craft foam, and tape.
- Personal Thoughts:
- This is that one costume I started before even playing the game. But it's Fire Emblem, and I've wanted to make a Fire Emblem costume since playing Blazing Sword.
- Styling Notes
- Took my Hakuryuu wig and trimmed off a good two inches. Developed newfound respect for my local barber. For default lord class, I took a longer dark blue wig from Lucaille and layered it, so the long parts can be tucked underneath the cape for the Marth disguise. But then I realized I thinned it out too much and had to go back and sew in additional wefts (from Arda) to retain the same volume.
Add a Comment