Cosplayer Saravana > Costume of Ice Queen from Adventure Time with Finn & Jake
- Most Recent Photo
- Adventure Time with Finn & Jake
- Ice Queen
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Most Humorous at Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2012 and That's My Entertainment
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2012
- FanimeCon 2012
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I frankened together McCall patterns 6139, 4948, and 4455. I was very tired of gathering by the time this was finished.
The dark blue is casa satin (yay!) and the lighter blue is costume satin (boo!). I used the wrong side of each so they would roughly match, sheen-wise. Oddly enough, I think it's the same crappy satin I used for Sue's Adidas wedding dress. Hated working with it then, and not much has changed.
I made a couple improvements for SDCC. I fixed the scallops on the bottom of the dress so they had points instead of flat tops. I sewed a bunch of additional wefts into the wig to add length and volume. And I remembered to bring my eyebrows!
- Personal Thoughts:
- This was the most complicated sewing I've done to date. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
I'm also quite happy with how the makeup turned out. I attempted to blue myself, but it didn't really work, so I decided to go white with blue contouring. (I forgot my eyebrow materials at home for Fanime, unfortunately.) (ETA: Makeup breakdown here!)
- Styling Notes
- It's been fluffed up a bit to look more witchy-wild.
This wasn't quite the length or color that I wanted, but time was of the essence, and FashionGarden3000 always gets wigs to me super-fast. I'll be combining it with a 150cm pure white wig for my next outing. Should have a lot of body then!