Cosplayer Zip > Costume of Bianca / Bel from Pokemon
- Most Recent Photo
- Bianca / Bel
- Special Variation:
- Black and White 2
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- Animazement 2012
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012
- Banzaicon 2012
- Otakon 2012
- RoundCon 2012
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Hat: An experiment in pattern drafting that I ended up messing up anyway. LOL It's made with green linen-look, with a bow made from twill that I salvaged from an old costume. The lining is muslin.
Glasses: Oh, these are so getting replaced. Wire, paperclay, acrylic ink, mod podge.
Jacket: Fun story: this is made from a bedsheet! :D Drafted the pattern from an old jacket that I don't wear anymore. I included two functional welt pockets that hide under the white stripes, which are the same white twill as the bow on the hat.
Shirts: Black undershirt is a tanktop I had, and the white one is a simple v-neck tunic made of cotton interlock. It's supposed to have sleeves, but screw that noise. It's hot outside!
Pants: Artikgato gave me the pants. I removed the waistband elastic and replaced it with a drawstring for a better fit, then cut off the bottoms and remade the hem to be more accurate.
Bag: Drafted my own pattern for it. Made from the same material as the hat, with a lining made from another old costume. Functional pockets, blah blah blah. The button was molded out of paperclay and painted with Rub n Buff.
Shoes: The world's ugliest shoes are a pair of old Converses that I painted orange and black. Since her shoes do not lace up, I added snap tape along the sides to keep the shoes closed. The ribbons are nothing special.
- Personal Thoughts:
- AAAAAAAAH NINTENDO I LOOOOVE YOOOOOOOU
I finished this in a week, because COME ON. IT'S BIANCA.
- Styling Notes
- This is that same wig from before, but it's gradually gotten shorter and shorter over the past two years. LOL I took some extra wefts I had left over from Mami and stitched them into the wig, and added some wefts from another wig in the same color. The hair flips are steam-curled.
- Wig Review
- This wig has been the best wig ever. It's a shame they don't make it anymore.