Login New Account
Cosplayer Yuqi > Costume of Velvet - Princess of Valentine from Odin Sphere

Most Recent Photo
03-18-2013
Series
Odin Sphere
Character
Velvet - Princess of Valentine
Year Completed:
2012
Construction Difficulty:
Normal
Awards
Anime LA Hall Cosplay Award 2012
Costume worn at:
Anime LA 2012
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
I made the hood and butt cape out of a synthetic suede because I tried it with velvet and it just wasn't working for me. The Black top is also made from a suede, that was lighter and super soft, the sleeves are made out of a red taffeta and the trim is premade bought from Joanns. I'm quite proud of this costume because I drafted the whole thing, which is the first time I've ever done anything of the sort! I think it turned out pretty well ^3^.

The cap is made from the matching black suede, and edged in lace because I tried cutting out the pattern and it didn't turn out right, so I substituted in black lace. The beads and stars are all hand sewn on, the beads I bought at Joanns; while my boyfriend printed out all the stars for me. We sanded and painted them and drilled holes in them. The front hip swag I made out of a red black velvet.

I didn't have time to make the garters for her so I went with the tights with a lace edging to get the same effect. I bought cheap but surprisingly comfortable black wedges to help my posture when I'm cosplayed as her XD.

My boyfriend made me the psyphers by cutting red acrylic, cutting it, and then used a power sander to bevel the edges. Then he gorilla glued the pieces together, and then used hot glue to fill in the cracks. The lights are made from red LEDS, and the inside is filled with crumpled vellum for a pretty neat effect when they light up. Then he filed down the edges so I didn't kill myself every time I bumped the psyphers.
Wig Details
Wig Brand
New Look
Wig Name
Natalie XL
Original Color:
24B
Styling Time
15 minutes
Wig Quality Rating
4 / 5.00
Styling Notes
The wig is a Natalie XL from Amphigory, I have the bulk in the back braided and tucked into my hood, while he front parts I used hairspray and bobby pins to pin back. I also twisted several thinner longer strands around the front pieces to help keep them together.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 113
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 187
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 74
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 62
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0 Views 131
  • Photo 6
     Photo 6
    Comments 0 Views 120
  • Photo 7
     Photo 7
    Comments 0 Views 153
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!