How can we make ACParadise better for you? Fill out this Survey!
Cosplayer Zip > Costume of Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica
- Most Recent Photo
- Madoka Magica
- Mami Tomoe
- Special Variation:
- Magical Girl
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- MomoCon 2012
- Otakon 2012
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Hat: The hat is made from brown microsuede, and is lined with tan suiting. The interior is interfaced with buckram for support, and a wig clip was stitched in to hold it on. The feathers were stitched into the hat.
Soul Gem: The jewel was a clear pendant that I found at a Ren Faire. I painted the back of the jewel, then built the surrounding part out of Paperclay and jewelry wire. The Paperclay was then coated with Rub n' Buff. The hair clip was basically made the same way.
Shirt and Sleeves: The shirt is made from cream-colored suiting, and is lined with white rayon challis that I saved from the Gardevoir cosplay. The trim is yellow challis that I made into bias tape, and brown pleather. I have never hated drafting a pattern as much as I have this one. LOL The sleeves were made from the same fabric as the shirt. They have cased-in elastic to hold them up.
Skirt: A half circle shirt with a hidden fly zipper and hand-stitched buttonhole.The trim is the same fabric as the hat. The base fabric is the same suiting I used to line the hat. I used horsehair braid in the hem to give it a nice shape.
Corset: The outer shell is made of the same pleather from the shirt. The tan trim is the same fabric as the skirt's base. I knit the white trim myself. The straps are some vinyl Terene had brought with her to MomoCon. LOL It's lined with muslin, and is interfaced with what I managed to salvage from the Kongiku obi that was destroyed. The corset hooks together with hooks and eyes.
Stockings and Boots: The stockings were purchased from Sock Dreams. They were too long originally, so I shortened them. The boots were my old Russia/Otoya/other costumes boots. I recovered them with some of the leftover pleather from the corset and trim. The soles were painted with gesso. The trim was made from more salvaged Kongiku obi scraps.
- Personal Thoughts:
- She's got a good head on her shoulders.
- Styling Notes
- The base wig is the same one I use for Bianca, just with the curls washed out. The bangs were given a trim as well. As for the ponytails, I cut apart a ponytail clip to get four sections of wefted fiber. Originally, I was going to use a tape-and-wire method to shape the curls, but that failed miserably. The wrap-it-around-a-tube-and-hairspray-it method also failed. In the end, I brushed a thick layer of silicone caulking gel onto the back sides of the wefts, arranged them in the shape I liked, clipped them together, then let them set for a few hours. Each curl was then stitched together with clear thread for a little more support and trimmed up. The ponytails are stitched into the wig, and then blended in with hair from the base wig. < /br>< /br> The new wig is the same Bianca base wig with a couple of curly ponytail clips attached. They may not be completely accurate, but I like how they look!
Add a Comment