Cosplayer Yaminogame > Costume of Taichi Yagami from Digimon Adventure
- Most Recent Photo
- Digimon Adventure
- Taichi Yagami
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- 3rd Place at PMX Valley Gakuen Cosplay Contest
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Conji 2012
- Anime Expo 2010
- Anime LA 2009
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2010
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2009
- FanimeCon 2010
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- New photos are by Anthenii-san.deviantart.com I used to love Digimon when I was a kid! So when we friends and I decided to do a Digimon group I was so happy! I knew I wanted to be Tai. My goal was for the wig to be epic! Tai was so fun to be! People loved me! : )
The wig was once a long punky but I cut, styled, hairsprayed and hung it upside down for hours!!! I was happy with the finished product. The blue head band was the left over fabric from my T-shirt. I used black left over fabric from another costume for the black band. The goggles were bracelets I bought and painted. I put plastic inside for it would reflect.
The yellow shirt was a long turtleneck I bought and shortened the sleeves and end. I wish I had a serger. My mom couldn't even sew it well. The blue shirt was a 5 dollar shirt from Micheals (Joann's has no T-shirt material!!!) I cut off the end and shortened it so the yellow would show. I make patterns for the orange stars, yellow strips and, blue strip for below the collar where the bottoms would go. I then cut the fabric out and sewed it on. The blue piece had interface in it for it would have stiffness and then I sewed the buttons on.
The shorts were on sell at JCPennys so I bought them. The white gloves were men gloves I got from a tuxado store. I wanted them big. The black arm band was my Cloud armband. The socks were schoolgirl my sister had from her Kagome costume.
I bought cheap white tennis shoes from Wal Mart. I then painted Tai's designs on and added fleece in the shapes of triangles and squares.
I even bought a $40 Digivice for this costume and an old Augumon plushie and made a Koromon!! : )
- Styling Notes
- The wig was once a long punky in color 6 or 8 I bought from Cosworx.com. I cut, styled, hairsprayed and hung it upside down for hours!!! I used Got2 BGlued and Big Sexy Hair for the styling. I was happy with the finished product. However, it requires constant restyling and editing before conventions because it can't handle the ride to the con.