Cosplayer Saravana > Costume of Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Most Recent Photo
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Special Variation:
- Season 3 Battle Outfit
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Most Humorous @ SDCC2008
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2008
- FanimeCon 2008
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Azula wears a lot of clothing. Shoes, pants, shinguards, overskirt, belt, shirt, breastplate/cuirass sort of thing, bracers, spaulders, massive collar thingy. Oh, and her hair dealie.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I started working on Azula after of The Day of Black Sun: The Eclipse. I miscalculated and thought the orange/gold edging bits were rather bright. Once the costume was shown in full light in The Boiling Rock two-parter, I realized I was totally, totally off.
tl;dr, wrong colors, going to remake.
I am quite fond of my shoes and my bracers, though- I'm definitely keeping those.
- Styling Notes
- High ponytails are annoying. I padded my wig head, pulled the top and bottom halves into separate ponytails, then joined them together with additional black elastic. I pinned up the strays and wore a black wig cap underneath so you wouldn't see my blonde hair poking through. I sewed toupee clips into the front because it was quite back-heavy.